In just four short days the distance between us will be separated forever. No more long goodbyes. No more lonely nights. No more “I miss you’s”. Just you and me. Monday is the first day of the rest of our lives. The 168 miles between us will disappear and I will spend an eternity in your arms. First your parents house. But then, a tiny, broken apartment that still costs far too much. And though we’ll live paycheck to paycheck I’m sure, nothing will matter because I’ll still get to wake up to your blue eyes still glossed over with sleep. I get to fall asleep with I love you’s rolling off our tongues and wake you up with a terrible breakfast and kisses. And one day, together we will own a house. You’ll be my husband. That’s crazy to me.
I have been so indescribably lucky to call you mine over these past two years, four months, and a day— but whose counting really. Six years ago you kind of just walked into my life, and I knew after the first five minutes of talking to you that I would never let you go. But of course I fell in love with you. How could I not? But you fell in love with me. Now that’s crazy. And I will love you for the next two days, and the next two months, and the next two years, and the next twenty years. Because you are the man I’m going to spend the rest of my life with. We don’t have to rush things anymore. Because I am finally making that move. I’m leaving everything behind for the man of my dreams. And I am so. so. lucky.
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life."